The Manfred Lautenschläger Award donated by Mr. Manfred Lautenschläger, Heidelberg, Germany, was granted by ESBRA from 2007 until 2019. It has been awarded every second year during the bianual Congress of ESBRA. The Award was granted to a well-established alcohol researcher who has contributed strongly to the understanding of alcohol-related and alcohol-associated diseases or the development of treatment strategies in alcohol-associated diseases.
The recipient of the Award must have devoted most of his academic and research career to alcohol research.
The previous awardees of the Manfred Lautenschläger Award were:
- 2007: Prof. Mikko Salaspuro (Finland)
- 2009: Prof. Otto Lesch (Austria)
- 2011: Prof. Consuelo Guerri (Spain)
- 2013: Prof. Helmut Karl Seitz (Germany)
- 2015: Prof. Philippe DeWitte (Belgium)
- 2017: Rainer Spanagel (Germany)
- 2019: Markus Heilig (Sweden)