Are you an early-career investigator engaged in alcohol-related research in Europe and would like to connect with other ECIC? Would you like to raise awareness about alcohol? Are you interested in organizing events/webinars/symposium and in outreach activities?
ESBRA Early-career Investigators & Communication (ECIC) committee is now launching a call for new members to join the ECIC committee. The term for these members is for two years from 1st April 2023 to 1st April 2025.
The ECIC Committee was established in February 2022 after the idea of ESBRA President Prof. Mickael Naassila to improve the promotion of ESBRA society. The ECIC Committee is currently formed by 9 ESBRA members with different backgrounds and interests, coming from 7 European countries (France, UK, The Netherlands, Sweden, Italy, Finland, Russia) with a common mission “To enhance engagement and create opportunities for collaborations within the ESBRA community to further advance alcohol-related biomedical research in Europe.”
The ECIC Committee aims to promote research conducted by ESBRA members, especially by early-career scientists and clinicians within the Society; enhance the visibility of ESBRA through social media platforms (Social Media team); spread communication to facilitate collaborations, through a periodic Newsletter; provide regular opportunities for networking amongst EECI members; boost educational activities in alcohol-related research; attract new European ECI with interest in this field to be part of ESBRA.
- Applications are sought from young, independent scholars who combine the highest level of research excellence with a demonstrated passion for delivering impact.
- The candidate must have a background in alcohol-related research.
- The candidate must be living in a European country.
- The candidate must become an ESBRA member when accepted as a EECI Committee member (or be already a member at time of application).
Your application should include:
- a letter of motivation and your aspirations to join the ECIC, including what you would bring and a brief proposal/suggestion on what you would like to see realised by the ECIC committee.
- an updated CV (2-pages) including the most relevant scientific publications (up to 5), and relevant skills including experience with newsletters, science communication, organizing events, social engagement, and outreach.
The call is open from 15th December 2022 to 15th March 2023 and only few places are available!
The new ECIC members will be announced in the ECIC newsletter published in April 2023.